The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Its gonna end sooner than greater

I love Birthdays!!

So, Wifeys birthday over the weekend; A lovely day to be had by all. In theory. She enjoyed the day, which is always top priority on this day and rightly so. I make sure the kids have picked and written cards, wrapped their pressies to mom (you can just tell when a child has wrapped a pressie and it makes it that whole lot more special).

We had a great day, babysitter, restaurant thing ( starter with brightly coloured cocktails, and then straight to dessert!! - superb ) followed by the cinema to see 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' - What a classic and the film almost lived up to its heritage.

But then, the tiredness, colourings, overexcitedness, etc all take their toll and the rows start. Over stupid things, as always. You try to calm it down, say nothing that would make it worse, but that makes it worse (Some aptly named inverse law applies here).

I hate birthdays...

2 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

oh..birthdays.I try not to expect too much. That way I will not be crushed if it turns out so-so. You made a very nice day for your wifey. Babysitter so you two could go out. Very nice. Fancy drinks. Cool. And the movie?! We haven't been to a movie...the last one was Dawn of the Dead, and that changed the way I think of zombies. That's another story.
And I know about the being quiet bit. I do that and I know it's frustrating(on both sides really). But it's because if I open my mouth, I'll say something I shouldn't, and I need to refrain. I need to be the nice and calm one.

6:45 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand completely hence my Birthday Post of March 29th and the quote that should now be famous: "Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed."

Try making it bday week and then you'll have time to do more positive things than negative. Just showing you're thinking and care is enough to make up for the typical argument here and there.

Women really just want the man to keep loving her even though there was an argument. Showing her she's still special even if you do disagree sometimes will go a loooooong way.

Otherwise: Nicely done hubby!

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home