The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Monday, March 28, 2005

Bill Hicks said it better...

"I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defense each year, trillions of dollars. Correct? Instead -- just play with this -- if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world -- and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded - not ONE - we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever in peace."


We are all one family, one consciousness, sharing this planet. Sometimes we feel the love, and sometimes we don't; but its there; You just need to look harder sometimes.
Yes, its an effort.
Yes, its a pain.
But the rewards when they come, more than justify the work you need to put in.

Go do ONE thing good today class, and report back.

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

I sent someone a drawing and a poem, and they don't know me. Is that good or is it on the verge of being a stalker?

8:22 pm  
Blogger T said...

I like the sentiment, and I think thats good; Unless of course the drawing was of there dead pet, and the poem was about how your world would absolutely fall apart if they din't notice you... That may be classed as a ' Legitmiate Psychiatric Emergency', but you can call it stalking...
If the effect is a positive one - You've done good! You can have a sticker at the end of class.

10:29 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree about all one family. Have you read/watched Journey of Man? It's mind-blowing and it changed my life. You might already know that, though. I'm all over the web stating just that. I'm trying to convert everyone to tolerance and love. (Okay, my parents were hippies and I virtually grew up on a love bus going to peace marches and sit-ins at a tender wee age.)

My good thing of the day: Helping my sister watch her kids so she could do an errand or two while cleaning up the dishes and toys.

11:13 pm  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh goodie, a sticker! I'm a good girl today. No it was very nice, about lookinfg at the world as a series of abstractions, then when things come together it's a gift. blah blah blah. I felt that this random person needed it.

11:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home