The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fuck off, I'm British !!

You Americans have got to be the worst guessers of accents!! I am NOT Australian for Fucks sake! Didn't you get Lock Stock... over here? and do I sound like Sean Connery? No? Well I'm not bloody Scottish then, am I. You must have seen Mary Poppins in your life; I know it was a crap cockney accent (or Mockney as we call it) but that should still give you a bit of a clue.

Any ways, its nice to be back here catching up with old friends and work colleagues I normally only speak to on a phone. Bloody hard work tho'; so much to cram into a short visit, but good fun. And the weather's just like home! How thoughtful of you. Yes I know what the Sun looks like. i've seen Nature programmes...

This time difference is killing me tho'. I feel like Bill Murray from 'Lost In Transalation'...
Must go, got some real work to do. Talk later.

7 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

I think I have honed in on my accent detection skills. If you can't tell an Irish acent from a Welsh accent, you must have problems. And who thought you were Austrailian? Yikes-that's pretty bad. I apologize for some silly people over here. Don't work too hard.
and of course you could always sing along to Roxy music, and then you'll really feel like you're Bill Murray.

1:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Darling...sorry but you're practically smack dab in the middle of red state bibleism...they might never have seen/heard or been near anyone outside there immediate vicinity... If you were closer to THE GREATEST CITY IN NORTHAMERICA you'd not have this trouble.

I sincerly hope you won't judge all of us based on an ignorant majority...how the hell d'ya think Dubbya got back int he white house?


UGH!

I'm embarrassed and cringing.

10:42 pm  
Blogger T said...

you're both right, and I'm not judging y'all by the few thickies i've met; I'm actually having a great time, and the accent is working wonders in the bars and stores, not that I'm getting too much time to drink and shop, but at the exchange rate as it is, it would be rude of me not to buy anything!!

3:56 am  
Blogger bandick said...

With the over-abundance of Brits in my life, I would have nailed you in a second.

Wait.

That's not quite right...

10:28 pm  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Did you get any sleep while on your trip? I picture you emailing friends and coworkers in the wee hours, then going downstairs to the hotel bar.

6:22 pm  
Blogger T said...

Hey Bandick, welcome to my bit of reality, and thanks for the compliment(?) - love your blog btw

11:54 am  
Blogger T said...

Hi PG - I got a bit of kip here and there, but its not really the done thing half way thru a meeting! You pretty much described my trip; We got out in the evenings to the mall (thats so civilised, the shops close about 5-6pm over here) and we had a few beers ( John Harvards, Mitchells Fish Market, if that means anything?), but it was pretty much internet and mini-bars at 3 in the morning

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home