The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Go make this NOW!!!!

Yes I'm a male who likes cooking. And? What? You gonna make fun of my pinny?
So anyways, haven't made much for a while, and thought I'd make some banana bread and a stuffed chicken thing for my friend who's coming over later.

Then, just happened to wander over to 'Mindful Things' Blog, whilst catching up on my cyber pals, and m'Lady has had the good grace to post a mouth-watering recipe for meatballs and gravy! ( You see, some people in this world are just 'givers' )

The way L has written this, you can sense the enjoyment and passion for cooking in each word!

This promises to be a life-experience, not a meal, so I'm off to the supermarket and I'd advise you go do the same!!!

I'll let you know how it 'pans' out! Har-dy Har..I'm so witty...it kills me... really-I'm wasted here...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, you're too kind, too kind. Yes do make the recipe just the way I describe. I think you'll agree that cooking this way is an event in itself. Put on some Jazz or whatever gets you in that perfect mood of contentment...have a glass of vino and take your time.

Do everything in your life with passion and joy, even the smallest things can become a celebration.

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread - and Thou
--Beside me singing in the Wilderness -
O, Wilderness were Paradise enow!

Omar Khayyam

7:12 pm  
Blogger T said...

Dude; you gotta try banana bread - its the only way to eat 'em! and it tastes good toasted with syrup on. Cornerstone of every nutritional breakfast...

10:04 pm  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Toasted with syrup, sounds delicious. How did your dinner go?

1:17 pm  
Blogger T said...

The dinner went well!; although I used basil instead of parsley and chorizo(!) as the sausage - two major changes which would have changed the taste from L's original, but it wasn't too bad considering the short notice. Smelt and tasted very good tho.

11:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

T: There's more cooking to do. Get to mindful things now!

Chiorzo is an interesting choice. I'm glad you tried the recipe though. Get some Italian sweet next time you're at the store. Stick it in the freezer for when you're in the mood. (Hmm...that did NOT sound good,b ut you know what I mean.)

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home