The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Homeward bound...

Finally home and feeling completely 'cream-crackered'. Got into 'The Shins' over in the U.S. - they had a track in the film 'In Good Company' which was an in-flight movie, and also in an episode of Scrubs ( according to my 'net research' ) - so I bought a couple of CDs of theirs and its good stuff. Fave tracks have to be 'New Slang' and 'Those to Come' but both CDs are very good.
The weather has held back home too - we left on a 90f day and its been in the mid- 80s here too ( temperature as opposed to musical era ), so now its a weekend packed with washing, ironing and hugging family. And tea!! Real tea !! - Apart from the 'Seattle Coffee Co' outlet, you can only get 'Liptons' tea in the hotels and restaurants where I was. It'll do, but its not the best in the world.
Right then, best unpack the suitcase and see what horrors lie within...

3 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Glad you made it back safely! bet the fam is happy to see you. Hey-I have a question to ask-your opinion. My hubby is about to turn 40 as well this august and well, he's getting a bit bummed about it. Is a surprise party right off do you think? I was going to gather up his high school buddies. we missed his reunion last year and I was going to try to make a mini one so to speak.
Your thoughts please.

7:41 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, bad tea, eh? Sorry about that mate. You can get good tea, but not at most eating and drinking establishments.

8:46 pm  
Blogger T said...

PG I would absolutely love a surprise party!! - I wouldn't like to see some of my high school buds tho' but I'm sure you'd know who he'd like there.

Blokes play it cool, but we love that whole surprise thing + we're the centre of attention for awhile

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home