The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Krall v Costello

Its not much to ask; to be noticed / spoilt every now and again. To have a just a moment of the life inside 'Peel me a Grape' by Diane Krall. Instead I mostly have 'Boy With a Problem' by Elvis Costello. Ironic really, since those two were recently married. Wonder what songs go thru their heads when they're hit rocky times? D'you think they pick from their own lyrics / tracks?

Flicking thru other blogs, it seems to be a common theme; people quoting lyrics to express their feelings or moods at a particular point in time. Maybe, like me, they can't find the words to express themselves. Maybe they can but the song just evokes a certain feeling, memory, person or place.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent musical selections, my dear. Additionally, many thanks for honoring my blog with your kind mention.

Krall is positively sublime in her "Live in Paris" CD. Try Brad Mehldau doing Radiohead. OH MY GOD it's good.

10:51 pm  
Blogger T said...

Thanks fer noticing! it was your blog, along with a select few others, that got me into the whole blog thing, so its the least I could do to point people in your direction.
Also, your recommendation is now on my next Amazon shopping list. But I'm confused; are you saying theres someone who can do Radiohead better than Radiohead? I gotta find out the truth...

8:20 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi: Sorry for the delay. I do believe the Mahldau version ROCKS. You will love it. I've never heard jazz piano kick ass that that before. I heard him in person at a jazz fest. I couldn't belive I was hearing radio head. If you cannot locate it: blog me and I'll get you the link. I tell you the truth!

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home