The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Silat

Just come back from another excellent Silat training session; After 26 years of learning and teaching Martial Arts, this is the most complete art I have come across, in my humble opinion. I can't get near these guys!

Its been just over a year of learning this art. I've seen traditional and some modern 'eclectic' arts that all have command over one or more ranges, may have some weapon bias, may encompass some philosophy and some might even have a traceable lineage, but this system has all that and more!

I know I'm going to ache tomorrow, so I'm doing this whilst I can still type! I've given up other arts so that I can devote more time to this one, and yet I've found that I can easily move in and out of Silat whilst 'doing' other arts. If I'm showing an Aiki-jutsu flow, I can end up in an elbow juru, and conversely, after a Harimau takedown, I can apply some Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu ( even though this is not practical for multiple opponents ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home