The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

'Life is Hard; And so am I...

...You better give me something, so I don't die'

Thats how the song goes anyway.
Work life sucks like a gaping chest wound
Personal life is on an even, but flat, keel ( better than hitting rocks I guess )
Finding it hard to be a good friend to my best friends 'cos I've nothing left to give them. I love them but, for different reasons, they need my support and love. This is always unconditional as it should be, and until recently, I thought I had an infinite source of it..

I'm just tired and grumpy (again, better than being just tired; thats not good)

I've taken the decision to go 'head-down, arms in' which is unlike me to be selfish, but I need to re-charge my batteries so I can refocus on work, my family and hopefully my friends.

I'll let you know how it all goes...

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh T-If only I could make it all better. Everyone has these ebbs and flows, and sometimes you do have to withdraw. For the sake of everyone, especially yourself. I know you'll find your peace.
A haunting question that my husband is trying to answer himself, is, what do I really want to do? What would really make me happy? Do you want to go back to teaching? Do I want to own my own small company?
Just throwing some thoughts out there for you.
You take good care of yourself, and know that you are missed.

9:12 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I join you in that place. I need a recharge too. Feeling very uncared for by life.

8:13 pm  
Blogger T said...

PG - Evening hun; Thanks for the thoughts; the healing and re-charging is going slow, but at least the slide downwards has stopped. It helps knowing theres support out there...

LB - Remember 'Head down, arms in'... working for me so far, however, the guilt of not being there for others is starting to take over, so I now need another strategy to cope with that. Maybe I'll change to 'knees in, rock slowly'...

10:41 pm  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Happy Holidays T!!

9:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home