The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I HAVE to go pee!!!

Its been nearly 14 hours of channel flicking to watch the Live 8 concerts from the UK and other countries and it was absolutely brilliant! Kofi Annan and Nelson M made me cry, as well as certain songs that were played; What a way to cap the week I've had -

My problems and issues are so small in comparison to the HUGE issues globally. At least I have more than 3 seconds to do something about them. At least I'm able to do something about them.

And this kind of thing really wakes you up again from the blinkered, narrow life-view that you get when you're 'comfortably numb' from everyday life.

Heres hoping the 8 guys in the 1 room on the 6th day do the right thing...

Do the right thing now- follow the links, sign the declarations, make the difference. They don't want your cash, just your name.

www.live8live.com
www.one.org

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Uhh-since one of the 8 men happens to be one of ours (I hate claiming him as "ours") I am not a very good optimist right now. How did I miss these concerts? Too self involved as you put it.

7:09 pm  
Blogger paintergirl said...

How did I miss Pink Floyd saying they wished Syd were there?! Oh Syd.

8:40 pm  
Blogger T said...

Well, having caught up on your blog, I'd say you were too busy watching Zombie flicks! Just a wild guess there...

And Yes, Floyd were the best part of the whole event. Oh and Coldplay. And Travis. OOhh and Scissor Sisters, natch. Snoop did well, and surprisingly Black-Eyed Peas sucked & bombed!

10:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not at all surprised that BEP sucked. Fergie. Uh.

2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home