The 40's

The vague and in the main unimportant ramblings of a near-40 year old in the middle(?) of his normal life, with his normal family, normal job and hopefully normal thoughts, hopes and fears. Amuse yourself for a few minutes as you're passing thru the web by catching a glimpse of my journey from 'Tough and Ruthless' to 'Rough and Toothless'

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I'm great, only not. You'll see...

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Saved someones life today at work

- walked away from an argument that was getting out of hand. To cut a long story short, one of my dept managers walked out half way thru a Customs audit, leaving his team and myself in the lurch! What a complete wanker and utter lightweight. This is part and parcel of his role, and he completely wigged out and walked!! I started to go after him, caught him up in the car park and tried to ask him what was wrong. After he'd finished screaming at me about the short-notice and overwork, etc ( we'd had a few weeks notice; not a problem at all )
I lost it.
Big time.
Just for a second. (or six)

But it was enough to lose that air of authority and quiet confidence I normally have ( If I do say so myself!); so I let him go.

Anyways the audit went without a hitch, the Customs officer having seen plenty of evidence that we were doing the right thing. Ironic really.. So tomorrow I'm faced with a sit down with this guy and working out WHAT THE FUCK happened in his brain. CUNT.

I am calm...

2 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

It sounds like you saved someone by not hurting them. You are a very diplomatic boss.

8:14 pm  
Blogger T said...

I try to be, but sometimes going mental is the only way to keep sane! Plus obviously, violence in the workplace is, generally, NEVER a positive thing.

On the whole, seriously, I try to be a good leader / manager, and most of my staff are good people. Every now and again tho' it all goes a little bit 'Twilight Zone'

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home